Saturday, July 30, 2011

Indian guru drew crowds in Slough




Indian guru drew crowds in Slough

10:30am Mon 4th Jan 10:: written by Amy Willis

People from across the nation gathered in Slough on New Year's Day for the arrival of a world-famous Indian guru.
The guru, Brahmrishi Kumar Swami Ji or Gurudev, a spiritual healer from India, came to The Centre in Farnham Road on Friday as part of his annual European Tour.
Gurudev, who has met the Dalai Lama, is famous around the world with thousands flocking to his seminars.
He claims to cure the sick from illnesses including cancer, kidney stones, depression and serious piles.
He comes to Slough ever year to bless attendees, talk about the power of the mantra - a special prayer which he says has healing qualities - and spiritually heal committed followers.
Thousands travel from all around the UK every year just to see him.
Bushba Kundle, 40, had travelled from Edgeware in London. She has been coming to see him every time he visits the UK. "I come every time he does, I never miss him," she said.
"It is very important for me because we get a blessing from him. He makes me feel very peaceful and it makes me very happy when I see him. I would be happy to wait all night for him if I needed to, it is so important to me."
Mayor Joginder Singh Bal and a minister from Parliament on behalf of Theresa May, were also at the event. They offered Gurudev an invitation to speak in the House of Commons.

Our reporter Amy Willis joined the crowds and you can read about her experience in this week's Slough Express.